Frequently Asked Questions
Clerk/Treasurer FAQ
  • Permits, Licenses & Forms
  • Elections/Voting
  • Property Taxes
  • Other Questions
Police Department FAQ
  • Ordinance Violations
  • Winter Parking
  • Bicycle License
  • Non-Emergency Contact
  • Other Questions
Fire Department FAQ
  • Burning Permits
  • Other Questions
Planning/Zoning/Building Inspector FAQ
  • Building Permits
  • Conditional Uses
  • Variances
  • Rezoning
  • Other Questions
Public Works Department FAQ
  • Streets & Sidewalks
  • Streetlights
  • Brush & Leaf Pickup
  • Garbage & Recycling
  • Other Questions
Library FAQ
  • Library Hours
  • Library Card
Park and Rec FAQ
  • Forestry
  • Parks & Shelters
  • Summer Recreation Program
  • Other Questions
Water & Utility FAQ
  • Billing & Collections
  • Locate Utilities
What hours is City Hall open for business?
City Hall is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.  16773 South Main Street
What is the recycling pick up schedule?

Recycling pick up is arranged by the Southern Trempealeau County Solid Waste Commission.  If you have any questions regarding recycling, please call 608-582-4710.  The facility is located at W21488 State Road 54, Galesville, WI.  Click on the link below for the 2014 pick up schedule and other related information.


STCSWC 2012 Recycling Schedule

Who do I call if I need my utilities located prior to excavation?
Digger's Hotline, 1-800-242-8511
Who do I call for a burning permit?
Galesville Area Fire Department, 608-582-2326
Does Galesville have leaf collection?

For the month of April 2017 (only), the City will pickup garden waste and leaves.  Please keep these items separate from the brush.  Do not place in bags.  After April 2017, it is the responsibility of the property owner to dispose of their garden waste and leave appropriately.

As of 2017, Southern Trempealeau County Solid Waste Commission can no longer accept brush and leaves.    

How do I contact the Galesville Post Office?
How do I get a dog/cat license?
Dog licenses can be obtained from City Hall from mid-December through January.  After that, licenses must be obtained from the County Treasurer, Trempealeau County Courthouse, PO Box 67, 36245 Main Street, Whitehall, WI  54773.  Proof of rabies is required before a license can be issued.  Cost:  Spayed or Neutered, $3.00, Not Spayed or Neutered, $8.00.  Cat licenses are sold year round at City Hall.
How do I get a passport?
Passports can be obtained at the Post Office,  608-582-2068.
How do I get an absentee ballot?
City Hall, 16773 S Main Street, Galesville, 608-582-2475
How do I register to vote?
You can register to vote at City Hall prior to Election Day or at the Polls on the day of the Election.  Galesville Public Library Community Room, 16787 S. Main Street, Galesville.
How do I report a damaged hydrant?
Galesville Public Works Department, 608-582-4313 or 608-582-2475, Police Department after 4:00 pm, 608-582-4013.
How do I report a damaged or malfunctioning streetlight?
City Hall, 608-582-2475.
How do I report a loose animal in my neighborhood?
Police Department, 608-582-4013.
Where do I go to vote?
All three wards of the City of Galesville vote in the Community Room at the Galesville Public Library, 16787 S Main Street, Galesville.
Where do I pay my Real Estate Taxes?
The first (1st) installment or in full can be paid in person at City Hall, 16773 S. Main Street, Galesville, or it can be mailed to PO Box 327, Galesville, WI  54630, by January 31st.  The second (2nd) installment, due by July 31st, must be paid to the Trempealeau County Treasurer, Trempealeau County Courthouse, PO Box 67, 36245 Main Street, Whitehall, WI  54773.
Who do I contact to rent a park shelter?
Please call City Hall to reserve a park shelter, 608-582-2475.  You must also fill out a Park Reservation Form.  Either click on the attached link, fill out the form and bring it to City Hall or stop in at City Hall and fill out the form.  Shelter fee and deposit required.  Resident:  $20.00 Deposit, $20.00 Fee.  Non-Resident:  $50.00 Deposit, $50.00 Fee.
The phone number for the Chamber of Commerce is 608-582-2868.
How do I contact the Police Department for non-emergency matters?
For non-emergency matters, the Police Department can be reached at 608-582-4013.
Home | City Officials | Agendas, Meeting Notices & Minutes | City Departments | Parks & Recreation | Code of Ordinances | Winter Parking Regulations | Open Burning Regulations | City Financials | Calendar | Frequently Asked Questions | New Resident Information | Helpful Links | News | Employment | Elections | Contact Us | Web Site Map
Printer-friendly Version